Kumzar Day Trip
- The village of Kumzar is a hidden gem
- Early Portuguese maps highlight a settlement in the area.
- Learn about traditional tracks
- Hike through the Secret Valley
Discover the Charm of Kumzar Island
Welcome to the captivating world of Kumzar Island, a hidden gem nestled in the Musandam region of Oman. This article is your gateway to an extraordinary Kumzar Island trip, where you’ll discover the remote charm, unique culture, and incredible experiences that await. From its secluded location to its rich history, Kumzar Island promises a one-of-a-kind adventure in the heart of Musandam.
Embark on a Journey to the Remote Village of Kumzar Island
Experience the beauty and isolation of Kumzar Island.
Unearthing a Rich and Mysterious History
Kumzar has a history of around 500 years, though historical records remain scarce. Early Portuguese maps of the area have highlighted a settlement, unveiling its rich and fascinating history. What sets Kumzar Island apart from other Arabic settlements in the region is its unique language, Kumzari. Kumzari, the only Persian language native to the Arabian Peninsula, has evolved over time due to Kumzar’s isolation. The Kumzari culture is a captivating blend of Islamic religious practices and traditional folk values, setting it apart from other Arabic settlements in the area.
Experiencing Kumzar’s Uniqueness through a Day Kumzar Island Trip Adventure
Fishing serves as the primary source of income for the Kumzari people, with tuna and sardines being the major catch. Most families have two houses, one in Kumzar and another in Khasab. However, Kumzar becomes almost uninhabitable during the scorching summer months, causing most residents to leave Kumzar from May to September and stay in Khasab.
If you plan a day trip to Kumzar Island , you’ll have the chance to explore this fascinating village and immerse yourself in its unique culture. Additionally, you can snorkel in the crystal-clear waters, as we provide safety jackets and snorkeling kit. To complete your experience, indulge in mouthwatering seafood for lunch, served on a traditional dhow. Overall, a day trip to Kumzar offers a unique and off-the-beaten-path slice of Omani life.
Your day trip to Kumzar Island begins with a pickup from your hotel at 8:30 am. You’ll then be transferred to the harbor to board a traditional dhow boat that will take you on an unforgettable cruise through the stunning Musandam region. The dhow will set sail at 9:00 am, so please arrive on time.
As you cruise along the coast, you’ll have ample opportunities to take in the breathtaking scenery and enjoy the fresh sea breeze. Your first stop on this journey will be Kumzar Island Village, which you’ll reach at approximately 11:30 am. The village is only accessible by boat and stands as one of the most remote settlements in the region.
Once you arrive at Kumzar Island , you’ll have the chance to trek through the village and explore its unique culture and way of life. The Kumzari people are known for their hospitality, and you’ll have the opportunity to visit a traditional Kumzari house and enjoy some refreshments.
After your visit to the Kumzari house, it will be time to head back to the dhow for lunch and refreshments. You’ll sail back to Khasab while enjoying a delicious meal onboard the dhow. The journey will take approximately 2.5 hours, giving you ample time to soak in the beautiful scenery and relax.
You’ll arrive back at Khasab Harbor at around 4:00 pm, where you’ll be transferred back to your hotel. The tour will end with unforgettable memories of a unique cultural experience.
The day trip to Kumzar includes a full-day dhow cruise on a private basis, lunch and refreshments onboard, unlimited soft drinks and mineral water, life jackets, towels, and snorkeling kits. You’ll also have the opportunity to trek through Kumzar village and enjoy refreshments at a traditional Kumzari house
- Single entry Oman visit visa is 5 OMR each passport and you need to pay 35AED for UAE exit.
- Visa can be obtained from the border or can be applied online at https://evisa.rop.gov.om/
- Before booking, please check visa eligibility as all visa types and nationalities are not eligible.
- Passport must be valid for more than the next 90 days from the tour date to get a visa on arrival from the border.
- If UAE resident then, passport and visa must be valid for more than 90 days from travel day.
- Must have an original passport with you to cross borders otherwise will not be allowed.
- Must have vehicle ownership (Mulkia) to get insurance from the border if it is not already covered.
- If you are renting a car then you must get a NOC (No Objection Certificate) from car Rental Company to cross the borders otherwise call will not be allowed to cross the borders.
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Specification: Kumzar Day Trip
There are no inquiries yet.